All the info you need if you want to attend the in-person event in Hamburg
Important announcement (13.07.2021):
We’re blown away by your support and interest so far! Thank you to everyone who has bought at ticket already!
Since the Corona situation for October is still uncertain, we will pause ticket sales when we have reached 150 people for each day (including performers, workshop leaders, and your CoreTeam).
Ticket sales will restart on 1st of September once we are certain we are allowed to host you all!
Please note, we are still not able to guarantee all 150 people will be allowed in October. For those who have purchased tickets, we will keep you updated with your ticket status by email as soon as there are any changes.
Thank you for your understanding and trust!
|TICKET TYPE||PRICE (EUR)||STUDENT PRICE* (EUR)|
|DAY 1: Saturday||35||30|
|DAY 2: Sunday||35||30|
|Combo: Sat + Sun||60||50|
- SATURDAY TICKET: Expo doors open at 12pm. Includes Saturday workshops and evening concert.
- SUNDAY TICKET: Sunday Exposition from 9am. Includes Sunday workshops and community stage.
- COMBO TICKET: Combo discount! Includes all workshops, community stage, AND Saturday evening concert!
| ALL tickets include access to:|
+Select taiko classes of Hamburg taiko groups during the week leading up to the event.
+Friday informal social/touristic program.
+Monday informal drum and social time at the TAIKO BASTARDS rehearsal rooms.
WHERE TO BUY:
Tickets will be sold online through PromoTix.
ALL participants require a valid ticket to take part (Corona regulations/contact tracing). This includes all volunteers, performers, and workshop leaders. Performers receive a free Saturday ticket. As workshop leaders will be confirmed only in July, successful applicants will receive a 15 EUR refund by the end of August for each workshop they lead.
1. Tickets may be refunded in full up to 60 days before the 16th October with no penalty.
2. Cancellations made 60 to 7 days before the 16th October will be refunded 50%.
3. Cancellations made after 7 days before the 16th October event will NOT be eligible for a refund.
4. Appeals will be considered by the organiser on a case by case basis.
5. In the event of Corona-related restrictions on number of attendees, priority will be given based on date of ticket purchase. If this occurs, the organisers will let you know your ticket status by email as soon as possible.
The 2021 European Taiko Expo is hosted by TAIKO BASTARDS as a not-for-profit event. As the first of its kind, the success of this event is dependent on community involvement, and trust from the community that the organisers are doing the best they can to keep the event accessible, affordable and also viable.
Participation in workshops is included in the Single Day and Combo ticket price, however participant numbers are limited and will be on a first-come-first-serve basis on the day of the event. Observers will be allowed in each workshop (space permitting and at the discretion of the workshop leader).
Workshop leaders offer their time on a voluntary basis, and in return receive a discount on their Expo ticket.
All proceeds go towards covering venue and equipment rental, promotion and travel costs. TAIKO BASTARDS give their time voluntarily and do not expect payment for hosting this Expo.
European Taiko Expo 2021
Hosted by TAIKO BASTARDS in collaboration with taiko artists from across Europe.
1st of May:
Deadline for performance applications
1st of July:
Deadline for workshop leader and stall holder applications