TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Promo space and stall holders
- Participation in the promo space of the European Taiko Expo (ETE) is possible for members of European taiko groups, and those who present taiko-related information and sell taiko-related goods that are relevant to the European taiko community. This includes international organisations and sellers, as their work contributes to and supports the European voice of taiko.
- To keep within health and safety regulations, food and drink are not to be sold at the stalls.
- In the interest of the environment, we kindly ask you to avoid the use of plastic bags.
- To increase the appeal of the expo, taiko groups who propose interesting and unique displays, and sellers who can demonstrate their crafts in an educational way will be given preference during the selection process.
- Applications are accepted only through the online form: https://forms.gle/ySFcQ6V6ef7QXFVa9
- Only complete application forms in English or German language can be considered. If you have any questions, or require language support, please feel free to contact us.
- The selection of the applicants will be carried out by the organiser, and both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be contacted.
- Successful applicants will have 7 days to accept or refuse, and signing of the contract for participation in the ETE will follow.
- A (complete or partial) transfer of the contract to a third party is not permitted.
- An applicant that has been approved and has signed the contract for the terms and conditions is the responsible stall holder.
- The application with required documents should be completed by Thursday July 1st, 2021.
- There are no fees for those who hold a valid Expo Day or Combo ticket.
- Stall holders must hold a valid Expo Day or Combo ticket to be eligible for a stall.
- A “Non-Attendance” fee of 100 Euros will be charged to stall holders who do not utilise the allocated space for any reason, and do not cancel their contract within 7 days of the event. Appeals will be considered by the organiser on a case by case basis.
- Only the group/organisation/business named on the application form shall display at the allocated space.
- The stall holder shall use only the space that is allocated by the organiser and may not expand outside the boundaries of the allocated area.
- The stall holder may not use the stall for any purpose other than that specified in the terms and conditions.
- ETE staff and volunteers are not responsible for any third party actions which may be detrimental to the day’s event.
- It is the stall holder’s responsibility to have and maintain adequate third party public liability insurance cover. The organiser is not liable for any personal injury and material damages resulting from the stall holder’s display.
- ETE is not responsible for the stall holder’s equipment and goods, nor for damage, theft, burglary, temporary power outages or the like.
- The stall holder is responsible for ensuring that the arrangement/display does not conflict with any of the current legislation or government regulations.
Goods for Sale:
- The stall holder shall exhibit and sell only items as described in their application form and shall not exhibit or sell items of any other description without having first obtained consent from the organiser.
- The stall holder is responsible for making sure that all trading complies with relevant legal requirements. In particular, counterfeit or otherwise illegal products shall not be sold.
- All sellers are to observe the tax regulations of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- If total revenue for one day exceeds 100 EUR, the organiser is to receive a commission of 20% of the gross sales price for all items sold at the event, up to a maximum amount of 450 EUR, to be used for covering rental and equipment costs.
The Allocated Space (“The Stall”):
- The positioning of stalls within the event area is at the discretion of the event organiser. The final allocation will be designed for the overall benefit of the event patrons, and is final.
- The stall must be kept tidy at all times, with nothing placed outside the allocated space.
- The stall holder shall make sure that no disturbance to adjacent stalls is created by noise, smell, or type of display.
- The stall holder shall make sure that no inconvenience, danger, or obstruction is caused to patrons as a result of their display.
- In the case of emergency, the stall holder shall immediately remove their stall or items for as long as may be necessary if requested to do so by the organiser.
Set Up and Take Down:
- Stall holders are expected to be present for the duration of the event. Set up of stalls is to be completed before 1pm Sat unless otherwise discussed with the organiser. Packing up before the specified take down period (5pm Sat, 6pm Sun) is not permitted.
- The stall holder shall remove all goods and other articles brought into the stall by the stall holders, including boxes and containers, from the event area within the 2 hour take down period at the end of the event.
- All rubbish from the stall must also be cleared away during the take down period.
Cancellation policy – stall holders:
- Stall holders may cancel their contract up to 60 days before the event with no penalty.
- Cancellations made 60 to 7 days before the event will be charged a cancellation fee of 50 Euros.
- Cancellations made after 7 days before the event will be charged a cancellation fee of 100 Euros.
- Appeals will be considered by the organiser on a case by case basis.
- Cancellations must be done via email only: email@example.com
Cancellation policy – organiser:
- If the event needs to be cancelled due to circumstances that are outside of the control of the organiser, all stall holders will be contacted by email a minimum of 7 days before the event where possible.
- If the event is cancelled by the organiser, both the organiser and stall holder are not liable to fulfill their obligations as stated in the terms and conditions.